At Balance Project the protection of your personal information and respect for your right to privacy is our top priority. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and website visitors. Balance Project adheres to the Canadian Privacy Act, PIPEDA: Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
“Personal Information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
Collection of personal information
Balance Project will from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provide to us directly or given to us in other forms. You may provide information such as:
- phone number;
- address; and
- email address
To enable us to send information, provide updates and process your Service we may collect additional information such as:
- when you provide feedback;
- when you change your content or email preference; and
- when you provide financial information.
How we collect your information
Balance Project collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us by email, phone or text, and in person when we provide our Services to you.
Use of your personal information
Balance Project may use personal information collected from you in one of the following ways:
- to personalize your experience
- to improve our website
- to improve customer service
- to provide you with information and updates on our Services
- to process transactions of our Service as requested by you.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the purpose of delivering our Service as requested by you.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent. No personally identifiable information will be shared to other parties for marketing, advertisement or other uses. This does not include trusted Third-Party Suppliers who assist us in conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- we may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, insurers, Third Party Suppliers, sub-contractors as reasonably necessary for the purpose set out in this policy.
- we may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as law, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
6. Security of your personal information
Balance Project is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference and loss.
7. Access to your personal information
You may request detail of personal information that we hold about you in accordance to the Privacy Act. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading you may do so by sending your request to email@example.com
8. Our Website and “Cookies”
When you visit our website, we may from time to time use a standard technology called “cookies”. Cookies are small data that are downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose to disable cookies by turning them off in your browser settings. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
If you should have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We take complaints seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
12. Terms and Conditions
Please visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations or liability governing use of our website and Services.